Thursday, January 23, 2014

All about me:

I am an experienced educator and youth advocate, with over 25 years under my belt. My career began during college as a summer camp counselor for United Cerebral Palsy. After graduating with a psychology degree, I worked as a case worker for Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago.  While raising my four children, I was lucky enough to be able to work where they attended preschool. One of those preschools was the McGaw YMCA, where I spent many happy years, teaching 3 and 4 year olds. My first job as a program director was with the Y's Project SOAR, a very successful mentoring and tutoring program.  Subsequently, I obtained my master's degree in Elementary Education and taught kindergarten through second grade. Currently, I am the Assistive Technology Coordinator for Evanston Township High School. I coordinate all the AT services for the district, conduct assessments and evaluations, provide equipment and training, and manage a caseload of students with IEPs and 504 Plans.

I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment